Sunday, February 6, 2011

Estate Sales and Football, What a Weekend!

Can't beat a weekend full of excitement like some good football and estate sales! We started our Saturday morning out doing the couple of estate sales that were on for this Super bowl weekend. There, weren't many, but they proved pretty good. I wasn't even sure I wanted to go, but my wife usually has a way of making me go. First a big breakfast of bacon and eggs, then out the door we went. We always look on the internet to see if there is anything that interests us. This week we really didn't see much in the photos. Sometimes that can be deceiving. We found some things, even though we didn't see much in the photos this time. Sometimes that's how it works. Well, while I'm watching the end of the game I'll upload some photos for you to enjoy...

Unused (or slightly used) GE Sandwich Grill and Waffle Iron.


Can be used to grill sandwiches, cook bacon, etc.


Came with the original manual with recipes included. Great illustrations inside!


Unused (or slightly used) Oven Broiler.



Can be turned over for different cooking features!


Or, you can store it on it's side!


Cooking guide on the side.


We found this cool little desk lamp that still has the original tag on it. It looks like it has never been used!



Directions to hang on a wall.


Flock of birds wall sculpture. You wouldn't believe how cheap this was! I think it might be a C. Jere, but there is no signature. I found one on Ebay that looks just like it that is signed. 


Original oil painting by artist Doug Kelly. I don't know much about the artist and don't think he is very well known. The only thing I know is the artist is supposed to be a relative of the estate owner. All I know is I liked it!







2 comments:

  1. The flip flop cooker thing is genius! I've seen them at antique malls but never cheap. Isn't it amazing how these items are all still in such great condition? They've got to be 50 years old and look like new. They were probably wedding gifts that just got forgotten and packed away.

    The thing about the Curtis Jere stuff is that the manufacturing was turned over to factories abroad in like the '80s or something. I think that's when the "signed" pieces stopped. I'm just speculating here. There's not much info out there about the Curtis Jere artwork. Cool piece though.

    All great finds and I bet you had a blast finding them. I love poking around a house that ain't mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting about the Jere. That makes sense. I wondered why you can see the exact same piece, one with a sig and another without - probably done in different decades!

    ReplyDelete